Hello, I'm Jackibea!

Hi guys!

I'm Jackie, an illustrator from southern California!  I am terribly nervous but so excited to jump into the forums here and talk story with all of you brilliant people.  Story has always been a HUGE part of my life; I pretty much grew up with my nose stuck in a book, and classic fairytales and mythology are my JAM.  I found Point North through Story & Star Wars and have been listening to Dear Mr. Potter since the very beginning.

I have an instagram @jwhislerart and have been known to twitter every blue moon or so!

Comments

• Hi @Jackibea! A pleasure to make your e-acquaintance. Two things that you wrote were true of me too. First, I was terribly nervous but so excited to jump into the forms here. Second, I found Point North through Story & Star Wars. I wonder for how many of us each is true?
  • Welcome @Jackibea so good to have you here! DMP was my gateway into the community and I’ve listened to them all too! Have you ever joined in on the live chats? They usually happen on Tuesdays and are tons of fun! If you’re into Star Trek we are talking about DS9 over in the Common Room section.
  • Welcome @Jackibea so good to have you here! DMP was my gateway into the community and I’ve listened to them all too! Have you ever joined in on the live chats? They usually happen on Tuesdays and are tons of fun! If you’re into Star Trek we are talking about DS9 over in the Common Room section.
    I haven't only because I used to binge the episodes and was often listening to them weeks or months after they aired!  Now that I know when to jump in I think that is my next step. :)
  • Hi @Jackibea! A pleasure to make your e-acquaintance. Two things that you wrote were true of me too. First, I was terribly nervous but so excited to jump into the forms here. Second, I found Point North through Story & Star Wars. I wonder for how many of us each is true?
    I am curious about that too! For me finding a good academic Star Wars discussion was very difficult... there's so many think pieces and podcasts and fanpages for SW that its very difficult to know where to start.  Once I got into S&S then found DMP though I was confident I'd found my zone. ;)
  • I hope you enjoy the forums! This has been so much fun and a great addition to the rest of PNM!