I’ve spent the last seven years learning how stories work, and how to fix problems at the narrative level. If you purchase a Point North Story Critique, you get the benefit of my expertise, applied specifically to your book. You’ll leave the critique with a better understanding of your story, as well as a step-by-step guide to making it stronger.
If you’re road-testing an idea, and want to make sure it can sustain an entire story, sign up for a synopsis-level critique, which will help identify big-picture challenges; if you already have a manuscript you’re ready to revise, then the 25,000-word critique will give you in-depth analysis of your first act, and an overview of the rest of your novel; alternatively, the full critique will give that same critical and analytical attention to your entire manuscript. If you have other needs, then get in touch to discuss them!
- Submit your 1000-word synopsis, covering the plot of your entire novel
- Get feedback on your structure, plot, motivations and conflict
- Get feedback on how to improve your synopsis, as well as your story
- Road-test your idea before you commit to writing it
25,000 Word Critique
- Submit the first 25,000 words of your manuscript, as well as a 1,000-word synopsis
- Get feedback on your structure, plot, motivations and conflict, as well as voice and style
- Understand the strengths of your writing, and the best way to overcome your challenges
- Submit your entire manuscript (up to 90,000 words)
- Get feedback on your structure, plot, motivations, conflict, voice and style
- Get additional feedback on pacing, subplots, resolutions and climax
- Leave with a step-by-step strategy to improve your book