Beginning in April, we’re going to study both the novel of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods, and the upcoming TV adaptation. We’re going to begin with the novel, then cover the TV show as it airs. The live sessions will all be broadcast on YouTube, and then made available after the fact as an audio podcast.
- Tuesday, April 4th: Session 1 (Chapters 1 and 2)
- Tuesday, April 11th: Session 2 (Chapters 3 and 4)
- Tuesday, April 18th: Session 3 (Chapters 5 and 6)
- Tuesday, April 25th: Session 4 (Chapters 7 and 8)
- Monday, May 1st: Session 5 (Episode 1)
- Tuesday, May 2nd: Session 6 (Chapters 9 and 10)
- Monday, May 8th: Session 7 (Episode 2)
- Tuesday, May 9th: Session 8 (Chapters 11 and 12)
- Monday, May 15th: Session 9 (Episode 3)
- Tuesday, May 16th: Session 10 (Chapters 13 and 14)
- Monday, May 22nd: Session 11 (Episode 4)
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Session 12 (Chapters 15 and 16)
- Monday, May 29th: Session 13 (Episode 5)
- Tuesday, May 30th: Session 14 (Chapters 17 and 18)
- Monday, June 5th: Session 15 (Episode 6)
- Tuesday, June 6th: Session 16 (Chapters 19, 20 and Postscript)
- Monday, June 12th: Session 17 (Episode 7)
- Tuesday, June 13th: Session 18: Q&A, The Monarch Of The Glen and Black Dog
- Monday, June 19th: Session 19 (Episode 8)
Stay tuned for podcast feeds and more information!
Woohoo! Excellent choice. Recently discovered your seminars. Excited to participate in this one.
So excited my friend congratulations thank you for this wonderful service you provide
Looking forward to American gods. Would you ever consider looking at the movie the fifth element?
Alastair, I know you’ve been really busy getting everything off the ground, but will this podcast be available on iTunes anytime soon? I’m checking daily to subscribe. 🙂
It took a little while for iTunes to catch up, but it’s available now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/storms-on-the-way-point-north-media/id1223838196?mt=2!
There aren’t times posted on this American Gods schedule.
The times are going to change from week to week to account for listeners in different time zones, but most will be at 9PM Eastern!
Quick question in regards to the reading: is this the original edition or the 10th Anniversary edition, which has extra content?
We’re using the Author’s Preferred edition, but the first revision will more or less work for the purposes of the series!
Is there a Reddit or discord chat for this series. Great book for this seminar.
Not yet, Chad, but I’ll have a Discord channel set up this week!
Hi Alastair, I’m looking forward to listening to the first episode of Storm’s On the Way. I wondered if there will be a Google spreadsheet available for the schedule like the one for There and Back Again? I use that for reference quite a lot. No worries if you hadn’t planned to do this. 🙂
There isn’t a Google spreadsheet, because I naively expected this schedule to be a little more simple than There And Back Again — you can, however, find the schedule here: http://pointnorthmedia.com/american-gods-seminar-schedule/